The Open Source Hardware Association aims to be the voice of the open hardware community, ensuring that technological knowledge is accessible to everyone, and encouraging the collaborative development of technology that serves education, environmental sustainability, and human welfare.
The purposes and activities this organization aims to do are as follows:
(1) Organize conferences and community events
(2) Educate the general public about open source hardware and its socially beneficial uses.
(3) Organize the open source hardware movement around shared values and principles.
(4) Facilitate STEM education through the use of open source hardware
conferences and other events focused on Open Source Hardware.
(5) Collect, compile and publish data on the Open Source Hardware movement.
Many thanks to the hours of IT volunteer work by Kelly Maguire and George Shammas.
Many thanks to Aaron Williamson at the Software Freedom Law Center for acting as our legal advisor.
Many thanks to Per Andersson who donated the URL oshw.org to us for the good of the movement.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.